View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Robtao
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Official (Samsung) ROM for Verizon SCH-i920 (Again?)

The Samsung instructions don't say to hard reset, but it couldn't hurt. Here is what they say:

The upgrade has now been completed. Click on Finish to terminate the Upgrade Tool. The SCH-i920 will automatically reboot. (That is just a soft reset.) At this time the handset should be synced with ActiveSync 4.5 to restore previously saved data.

After completion of the DC23 upgrade, please verify the software on the phone is accurate.
  • To check the software version on the handset, click Start > Settings > Advanced Settings > System > Version > Device The PDA version should show S:i920.1.0V.DC23.21889
  • The PHONE version should show S:i920.1.0V.DA19 (I don't think the 1.0 is correct)
After verification of the software version on your phone, type in *228 and press Talk, select option 2. The network should perform an over the air (OTA) update to the handset and apply the latest network updates to the handset.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 04-22-2010 at 12:34 AM.