View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
LCBrewing
Lurker

LCBrewing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Energy ROM Custom Settings Exporter

Seems like I always spend about 30 min going through and setting everything back up each time I flash (I've yet to really be satisfied with any of the options out there, or the amount of time learning/setting up them to work correctly).

First off, I install the Verizon keyboard fix.
Then I change the owner info.
Then I go through each of the items in the Settings home tab and adjust/modify things like home tabs and order, font size, default volume, notification sounds/options, backlight, phone name, etc.
Next I go into mail options to select the option to use the storage card for attachments (why the hell isn't that the default selection????).
Then I set up active sync for my corporate email/contacts/calendar, and adjust settings for those (including to download all messages and attachments up to 250KB).
While that is syncing the first time, I set up my personal email account (a gmail account) and set it to download all messages and attachments up to 250KB.
Back into email settings to put my signatures in for both accounts.
Next, I set up the Live login (for messenger, bing, etc).
Then on to MyPhone (for restoring what few texts I save, etc).
When exchange is done syncing, I put in my login to facebook so my contacts will sync.
Then I login to Youtube (though the included app doesn't seem to support my login information??)

Once I've got all that set up using the "built-in" items in the ROM, then I'll start installing all my own apps, moving around start menu shortcuts, and finally setting up Cookie home with all my shortcuts.

Not sure if there is a point to this post except to outline the process I go through on each flash - which I try to keep to no more often than every other week or so (I do need to use this phone for work most of the time).

So, if there were a way to EASILY (i.e. no learning curve or painstaking trial-and-error like Sashimi was for me) back up and quickly restore any number of the above steps or settings, that would be awesome!

TIA - and thanks for the incredible ROMs NRG.