View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
sonysw
PPCGeeks Regular

sonysw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
weird internet sharing problem with sprint 6.5 oem rom

I upgraded to sprint 6.5 OEM and started noticing weird internet sharing problem with USB or wifi sharing. Initially I thought it was the new rom preventing me to connect with wifi sharing but after all helps from this forum I realize that I can actually connect fine in my office and different places but NOT at my house (I use to be able to connect from my house fine with 6.1 OEM ROM). When I connect from my house (both usb and wifi), the PC shows data sending-receive and indicator of internet access but nothing shows up in the pc or phone browser. The browser will drop as if there is no internet access. If I connect from the office with the same laptop--i am fine and a happy camper. The speed is reasonably fast too.

It appears that in my house area, I may not have enough speed ? and the internet connection stop or drop ? or probably not an EVDO area ? But I can actually connect before fine with 6.1. I tested my wife palm pre and it is fine too. I can browse with my 6.5 phone fine but only when I connect to the PC (usb or wifi)--the connection drop.

Has anyone encountered the same issue ? I have hard reset the phone several times with same result--weird or it is just my phone.

Last edited by sonysw; 04-21-2010 at 05:57 PM.