View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
WisdomWolfX
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Wireless tether for root users

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserpunk701 View Post
I am back to ZE14.3 and now I am having problems again... why me?

So I am using wireless tether so the old lady can use her laptop.... it lasts about 10 minutes, and the computer no longer can surf the web. there seems to beem to problem that you can see. just that it stops browsing the web. I have to completely reboot my phone and start tether again to use it, and it only works for another ten minutes... so on and so on.... anyone? ...anyone?

[edit] also Idk if this is related or not, but I'm having data issues. as in, I cannot send pciture messages for some reason. I am using handcent, deleted the oem msging. downloaded chomp and it does the same thing, just has the little sprint circle spinning and spinning...... err. other misc. data problems. wtf did I do?

This is a very well known issue with the Moment. It's that CDMA lockup bug that happens randomly with or without tethering. It's better in 2.1, but not fixed yet. Speculation is that it's caused by the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) that Samsung used since 1.5 had no build in CDMA support.

As Rainfreak suggested using setCPU to limit the CPU to 266MHz when tethering has been reported to reduce the liklihood of this problem.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.