View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
Regular 'Geeker

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bass output is lacking; other audio gripes.

I've been using my PPC as my default iPod replacement since the Mogul days. I run a tape converter 3.5mm jack and until the TP2 into another converter into the mini usb. On the Mogul it worked flawlessly with Audio Booster set to classical running through Audio Manager, on the TP I simply lost ability to control volume through AM so I had to turn down the device volume, but now I simply cannot get a good output from my TP2.

I listen to a lot of heavier stuff, such as metal and what not, and the bass simply has no density, and the rest leaves a lot to desire. Through my older phones, the bass would literally vibrate and have a lot of density, now I can hear it, but it has no impact. The treble is also a bit distorted, but my biggest gripe is with the bass. I feel as though either the audio output has really diminished, or I'm not running the right settings. I've lowered the device volume to reduce distortion, and I'm been heavily messing with the Audio Booster settings.

I'm open to another audio program, hell I'd love Audio Manager back, but I'm starting to worry about the phone itself. This audio problem occurs through either the 3.5mm jack or the converter using mini USB. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, for the record, I'm not some idiot who thinks good sound comes from vibrating your trunk to a rattle, I actually understand music pretty well which is why this problem literally causes me to not listen through my phone anymore...which really sucks.