View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
bast525
Regular 'Geeker

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opening \Windows\ on MightyRom takes forever... why??

Can anyone offer me any insight on this? I'm on a VZW TP2, and for the most part, have stayed on the stock 6.1 rom and been pretty happy with it. It has proven to be very stable and is very fast.

But... I do look at some of the 6.5 roms with the new Sense 2.5, and man they do look pretty nice. So last night I decided to try out the latest MightyRom, since it seems to be one of, if not the most popular ones out there.

The rom is definitely nice... Sense 2.5 is a huge improvement (especially with Cookie's home tab) but this one thing I notice that it does WAY slower than stock... opening up the \Windows\ folder, either in the stock File Explorer, or in Total Commander. It doesn't matter whether Show All Files is checked or not... it generally takes about 10 seconds to open the \Windows\ folder.

Whereas with the stock rom (or even the Verizon official 6.5 rom which I tried for a bit), \Windows\ opens in about 2 seconds, or with Show All Files checked, about 4-5 seconds.

Can anyone explain why opening the \Windows\ folder takes SO long to open on MightyRom?