View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 PM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Working on new SenseUI 2.5 Imagio toolbar/taskbar icon set

I had originally posted this in a Custom ROM thread (Drellisdee) when it probably should have been here in the "main" forum instead. I'm working on a new set of taskbar/toolbar icons for my Imagio and am looking for input as to what people think so far.

I've recently become happier with simpler, less colored icons, and it's reflected here. The first version I'm crafting is for a SenseUI 2.5/WM 6.5.5 based ROM (Drellisdee), so any highlights to a "normal" icon are green. If I finish this, I will at minimum create a second version with cyan highlights for the stock VZW/SenseUI 2.0 Imagio ROM. Anything Olive-ish you see here could be Cyan-ish instead.

I'm still a long way off from something that can be shared, but I wanted opinions on what I have so far. For the most part, i think they look pretty good on my Imagio. I'm not 100% thrilled with my "bars" overlays, though, they're not showing up as well as I'd like them to on the physical device.

Anyway, take a look at where I am tonight, and provide feedback if you think you'll be interested in my silly little taskbar/toolbar mod when I have most of the icons implemented. If you think it sucks, by all means say you think it sucks If you have suggestions for the icons I haven't implemented yet (battery/speaker/roaming/lots more), by all means suggest away. I'm not an artist, but I have a nice Icon editing tool that comes with a great deal of stock elements, so I can probably find something that will work for most of the device icons In my testing so far, I'm not even replacing the stock icons with the correct replacement ones in all cases, so I mean it when I say it's a work in progress!

The icons are a little hard to see, being white-on-white, but the drop shadows I added are hopefully enough here. lol. Overall, I like the way the icons are turning out when installed on my physical Imagio device. Not every single one, but the lionshare look pretty good to me!

-djp