LinkRS
N00b

LinkRS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Draining Super Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
im also having crappy battery life i wonder if theres any way i can convince sprint to send me a high capacity battery??
Hi,

When I first had this issue, (and after I confirmed that the batery drain wasn't due to WiFi or other optional background tasks like push e-mail, GPS, etc...), Verizon sent me a replacement battery (standard size). This brand new battery demonstrated the exact same issues. Note, this specific issue is not due to excessive use, or run-away background tasks. It can be recreated 100% of the time, just buy doing a battery pull. So, when I called Verizon back after the first battery replacement, they sent me a refurbished TP2 and the extended battery pack (with a new back). This allows my TP2 to ge through the day, even when it is draining quickly. However, once the charge/discharge cycle has been complete a few times, I can go days (on either standard or extended battery) between charges. This discharging I am describing is abnormal, and has somethign to do with some background task that does not show up in task manager that drains the battery. If your battery meter is wokring, when the TP2 is showing these symptoms, you will see the Power settings menu (which shows the standy and usage stats), the usage stats are stacking up, even if the device is on standy. Unfortunatly, this stats menu doesn't work for me most of the time (shows unknown values). Good luck!

Rich S.