View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
hippy43
N00b

hippy43 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC tethering problem

Never mind,,, figured it out... Works GREAT when you enable ICS and THEN plug the USB cable in.. Downloading updates on a non-network connected pc through my phone as we speak. <LOL>

Searching, Reading, trying,,, it's a GOOD thing!

Thanks to EVERYONE on this fourm that answered a question about tethering. LOTS of good info found and solved my issue...

Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
you searched and didnt find the 10 other places I have posted this cab? for your convenience...here it is.
Quick question, since there is already this thread on teathering. Last night I tried to connect my TP to my laptop, via USB, and set it up for ICS that way instead of using WMWiFi Router... I just wanted to see if this would work.
Win7 picked up and installed the drivers for my TP as a modem, no problem. Here's where it got interesting.
1. I tried to go in to set up the modem and all that was there were generic settings.
2. EVERY time I plug in my USB cable, the "data connection" on my TP automatically turns off and won't allow me to turn it back on. Is this common?
3. Even if I try to use WMWiFi Router and it's USB setting, it can't turn on the data connection and stalls while initalizing.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by hippy43; 04-20-2010 at 02:48 PM.