View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
rdaprix
Lurker

rdaprix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fun with String Dialing… (and requet for VC bluetooth hack)

Here’s a new one; most of use string dialing to access voice mail—for example, on Verizon I have a speed dial that dials (where the “$” represents my pin numbers here for example’s sake):
“*86pp$$$$#” No sweat, it dials in gets the greeting, interrupts the greeting and enters my pin.

BUT my corporate voice mail system requires a ten digit access number followed by an 8 digit pin dialed DURING the first ring before greeting pickup. Meaning if I did the same thing:
“$$$-$$$-$$$$,$$$$$$$$#” it was too late—the ring tone was over.

So—is there a way to dial the second string (the 8digit pin immediately without the device thinking its an international call? If I put in 18 digits it ignores the last 8. If I use a “,” or “p” it’s too late.
Is there a way to customize the duration of a “,” (500 ms) or a “p” (1 second) in the registry or a hack for it?
I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem.

Additional note: since the original post I switched the phone settings to short tone dialing and that worked… for now—but editing the pause duration would still be cool. Ideas?)

Now—if anyone can get Voice command to work with my Bluetooth headset (Jawbone II) I will buy you lunch!! Hell, Dinner!!