LinkRS
N00b

LinkRS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Draining Super Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswilson2007 View Post
The battery is draining extremely fast. Just last night I charged the phone until it was completely fully charged. Woke up this morning, and it had somehow lost a whole bar of charge. Just sitting around not doing anything overnight. Any ideas on that?!
I notice that the green light is blinking a lot, could that be the cause?!
Hi MsWilson2007,

For some reason, this topic is not responded to very often. I have had posts talking about battery life on the Verizon TP2 on multiple forums looking for some help, only to here the crickets. I am guessing that this issue is rare, but I am on my 3rd Touch Pro 2, and all three of the ones I have had exhibit it. They can go from 100% to 10% in less than 8 hours on standby! Verizon sent me a high-capacity battery, and so now it "only" goes to 40% in 8 hours. However, I have stumbled upon a way to temporarily solve this issue. You need to let the phone discharge almost completely (till it gets to around 10%), and then charge it until the light turns green. And then unplug it for a few minutes, and plug it in again. You should see the light turn red again, and it will charge some more. Repeat this a few times, and eventually the battery life should stablize. This works for me, until I have to turn the phone off, remove the battery, or soft reset the phone. I have had instances where it took 3 charge/discharge cycles to stabalize the battery. I have gone 4 days with minimal use, and the phone being on standby most of the time and it reports 80% a huge improvement. Good luck!

Rich S.
This post has been thanked 1 times.