View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Iphone 4G Spotted in wild....also hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I hope they don't call the phone a 4G phone. It doesn't even support 4G.

It's not "4G" as in data transfer (WiMax or LTE), it is "4G" as in 4th generation iPhone. The 3GS is technically third generation, the 3G was the second.

4G is what the next iPhone is commonly referred to but it will more than likely be called "iPhone HD" or something else.

Plus don't count out the fact that it may come with hardware to support LTE (for when they do start rolling out their own version of 4G) in which case it would support "4G" as you refer to it.

Plus if they come out with LTEA in 2011 like they plan to the "5G" would def. support it hardware-wise.

I am with you on the Evo, but I like GSM because of the phone selection and the fact that I can use ATT phones on T-Mobile (like my iphone).

When I was on Sprint I couldn't get them to add an ESN to their database, so you have a poor selection of phones.

IMO WiMax is overrated because every place in my city has free wifi and 3G is fast enough for what I need, and actually Edge is usually fast enough for my needs.