View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
tvandyck7
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is the reason I can't switch to the EVO from VZW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeasley View Post
Please don't believe the hype, sprint does term people for excessive roaming. What they don't tell you is that you only get 2 letters, the first a warning letter, and if you continue that, they send you a final letter.

That final letter is EXACTLY that. If you really do read it carefully, the final letter, it tells you to find another carrier. What it does not tell you, is that the system will automate your termination. These come in waves. We just had a wave of these happen this month, for letters sent out as far back as August.

It IS automated. Sprint does not manually review these.

We got a lot of calls about people curious why their phones suddenly stopped working, even though they had just paid their bill. Upon further research into the account, we discovered they had all been previously warned.

Long story short, excessive roaming applies to voice capable devices, and to data only capable devices. The majority of the time most people don't violate this to the point where the system locks on to them, but don't think that it doesn't exist.

And just know if it happens to you, there's absolutely nothing account services can do for you, we just can't.

My 2 cents.
Sorry for the double post, I didn't want to make my last post super long. This is kinda how AT&T cut me off. First, they sent a text as a first warning followed by a letter. 2nd, they removed my off network privilages and a 2nd letter stating final warning. My iPhone was then rendered useless since I am in a 100% roaming area. They then charged me an early termination fee to cancel (after returning my iPhone 3GS 32gb), even though they are the ones who canned me. They even charged me an additional $150 for the crappy service I received (a total of $325). I had to threaten them with my lawyer to get out of it all. AT&T is a joke.
Basically, I never want to have to go through that again... for any phone.
IT'S TRUE THAT A PHONE ONLY AS GOOD AS IT'S NETWORK!