View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pocket Outlook is too basic. Is there an alternative e-mail client?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbrown29 View Post
If only Resco would take Pocket Outlook and give it the "Resco" treatment. It would sell like hotcakes
An observation:

Flexmail doesn't use the scrolling functionality built-in to WM6.5 because as the head of the company put it when I asked why this wasn't working:

"Yep, sorry. Finger scrolling should be automatic to all apps who use ListView controls and unfortunately it doesn't work in FM. Since there is no docs on how to make finger scrolling work, we asked Microsoft directly about this a year ago. They responded that they'd look at it and get back to us. They never did. We asked again, they told us that their engineers were too busy with WP7 and couldn't be bothered about an issue in 6.5.

Its not really MS's fault - I'd just like to know what we're doing that is causing finger scrolling not to work. Its their List control we're using in FM. They control all aspects of its scrolling. I know its something we're doing, but we've spent some time playing with it to figure out what enables it and what doesn't and we can't find any good reason for it not working."

I think a lot of vendors who want to get into the mail reader market aren't because MS makes it pretty darn difficult to get any interoperability in its core software. I could be wrong, but the dearth of any good viable alternatives pretty much leads me to believe that there must be something going on here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.