View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pocket Outlook is too basic. Is there an alternative e-mail client?

I did a review (unofficial) recently of the major players in this area:

Flexmail, NOT finger-friendly, does not scroll with the finger, dosen't seem very aware of WM6.5ishness

LonelyCatGames Profimail, not very easy to use, when you (for example) send a new email, you can't also within the same cycle get all your available emails. The program seems unable to cycle your unread and send your new mails in the same cycle.

Each of these clients has something lacking. PocketOutlook unfortunately, comes with the devices as standard. Even when you install one of the alternatives and set it up to be "default" I'm finding over and over again that this is a hit and miss proposition. For example, setting up anything else as your default SMS client may not invoke it to start when you receive a new SMS. It's very strange. it's almost as if there isn't a lot of effort going on in trying to create a viable PocketOutlook alternative:

nPop and Qmailer are both freeware, but unsupported and development seems to have stopped quite some time ago.

Anyone come up with any viable and decent alternatives, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

Oh, and Seven, just forget it. It didn't work 3 years ago when I tried it and didn't work about 3 weeks ago. It seems to be in perpetual beta.