View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
cwbeasley
PPCGeeks Regular

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley
Re: This is the reason I can't switch to the EVO from VZW.

Please don't believe the hype, sprint does term people for excessive roaming. What they don't tell you is that you only get 2 letters, the first a warning letter, and if you continue that, they send you a final letter.

That final letter is EXACTLY that. If you really do read it carefully, the final letter, it tells you to find another carrier. What it does not tell you, is that the system will automate your termination. These come in waves. We just had a wave of these happen this month, for letters sent out as far back as August.

It IS automated. Sprint does not manually review these.

We got a lot of calls about people curious why their phones suddenly stopped working, even though they had just paid their bill. Upon further research into the account, we discovered they had all been previously warned.

Long story short, excessive roaming applies to voice capable devices, and to data only capable devices. The majority of the time most people don't violate this to the point where the system locks on to them, but don't think that it doesn't exist.

And just know if it happens to you, there's absolutely nothing account services can do for you, we just can't.

My 2 cents.

Nope, I just read a lot.