View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 AM
hpcbmw
Lurker

hpcbmw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Sprint Mogul- dropped it and power button stopped working

Hey guys (and gals)- I got a second hand mogul about 6 months ago and have been using it on Sprint. I upgraded the rom about a month ago via Sprints website with no real problems til today- I had the phone on my lap while getting out of my truck and the phone dropped onto the cement driveway. I saw it land on one corner of the phone. The battery did not fall out, but I think it rebooted itself.

It works fine, except the power button no longer works. When it goes into sleep mode, the only way to turn it back on is with a soft reset. The power button looks to be permanently depressed, but when I push it I can still feel it depress a bit more.

Two questions
1. can i set another button to work as the "power button"- going to "buttons" in the settings mode doesn't give me this option.
2. how hard is it to take this apart and maybe see if I broke something in the power button?

I don't have any insurance or warranty on this phone. I'm not a big computer or electronics guy, I've got much more experience taking apart cars and motorcycles then electronics.

Thanks for any input.