View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Deleting gmail emails just "archives" them

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeviation View Post
I have all me emails forwarded to my gmail accounta and my TP2 is activesynced to that one gmail account for email service.

Here's the problem, if I delete an email from my phone, it doesn't actually get deleted. It just get's "archived" in the gmail sense. In other words, it just gets taken out of the inbox but doesn't go to trash. Rather it sits around and is accessible from the "All mail" option inside gmail.

This is especially annoying when dealing with emails I delete without actually opening them. They get "archived" but are still unread so when I search for unread messages inside gmail later, all the emails I previously deleted show up.

Anyone know how to fix this?
In Outlook (Inbox):
Menu --> Tools --> Options --> select gmail account --> Send Receive Schedule --> Advanced --> Set "Delete from server" intead of "Move to Trash".

Press Ok about 20 times and you should be set.