View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 AM
meanfishy
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: synced with Hotmail, contacts now deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I get she uses the hotmail, but really doesn't need to sync the contacts (there's a option you check off for that). I learned my lesson long ago with hotmail account contacts - once deleted, it's gone. Tell her to use myphone for saving contacts instead, and tell her not to sync with more than one sources because it's either going to duplicate every sync, or delete them.

Yeah That's what I thought to but in order to use 6.5 you have to use windows live, she is running all stock and it wont allow you get your hotmail E-mails another way. under the sync setting the boxes allowing you to sync the contacts are grayed out in the "ON" position. she is not wanting to use hotmail as a backup location. She want to have her contacts both on her phone and on hotmail from a comp, send/receive her hotmail E-mails on her phone. she only has one 1 E-mail address synced to the phone. the addresses are not duplicates there were broken down into multiple listing; example for a single contact she has 3 E-mails, @yahoo, @gmail, @hotmail. before she synced using windows live these E-mails would be under 1 listing when she looked at it on hotmail from a comp. Now on her phone each E-mail has its own listing, so there are 3 entries for the same person with a different E-mail address in each listing

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!