View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 03:21 PM
n0skillz
Lurker

n0skillz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question VOIP over Wifi w/ Diamond

I'm looking to use my Diamond (cdma/sprint) to connect to the wifi at my deployed location to make VOIP calls to people back home. it seems most users here ,that I found through search, use the newest version of Skype and using something like troca2 or autoswitch to make the sound come out of the earpiece instead of the speakerphone and sometimes nimbuzz for ease of use with other programs. I would use a bluetooth to get around using another program to make it work, but i'm sure the use of bluetooth in uniform outside is the same as it is at my normal base.

i have a few questions i couldn't find answers to here:
1) Should i be using the stock sprint rom or a custom rom to make this a easier option then booting up my netbook w/ a headset every time i want to make a call?
2) anyone have experience using there phone in this way? I'm trying to find a easier way then a netbook/headset in case wifi is not available in my room and i have to go outside somewhere to do this.
3) is Skype the best solution for a Diamond?

Thanks for any replies as i'm just looking for anything that may be helpful while i try to make this work the way I want with my diamond this weekend before I leave.
This post has been thanked 1 times.