View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 04:50 AM
blklexluthor
Lurker

blklexluthor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation A fix for the failure to wake/SOD, well for some!

Well because this community has turned my phone into a stud from a dud nows my chance to chance to give back.
Grab a coffee or a beer, sit back and enjoy the read.

April 23: Edited for some of your stubborn phones.

Warning: ***I can't guarantee this will work for your phone so results may vary but it has worked for 3 phones I fixed***

I've waited a month to be sure that this works because every time I'd uninstall a cab and my phone worked fine for an hour or a day I thought I found a fix...but then reality kicked it the very next day. So rather then starting another complaining thread I decided to post a solution.

Here s what worked for me....

1. Optional yet recommended. If you are using an aftermarket wall charger.....go back to the OEM usb cable that came with your phone...yes its a little flimsy...(at least mine was) If your car manual recommends 5w30...you put in 15w20 in your car and something goes wrong down the road....who should you blame the manufacturer? your girlfriend? momma?

2. Flash back to STOCK and CLEAR STORAGE 2-3 TIMES. (You should notice your backlight working perfect again) Then flash to the rom of your choice and then CLEAR STORAGE 1-3 between each time check to see if its working properly... Once you find it working well....Move on to the next step p.s. learn to use sashimi or a similar program makes life soo much easier.

An alternative to overdosing on that, "clear memory" button that you can use is Task 29 as mentioned by mjh8812 to fully destroy and annihilate all (backlight/screen system files) flash your rom of choice.

3. Install lumos v10 rc2 (yes it will work fine on the tp2) when your doing the calibration use natural sunlight preferably not on a bright day) so that in low light levels your phone will have no trouble sensing light. On certain programs like coreplayer or your ebook reader you can even have special settings to have a brighter screen no matter what lighting conditions your under. The proximity sensor on our phones is also on my list of suspects....especially when I'd look in the registry and it would say that it was disabled, "0" but yet when I'm on a phone call it works?! * **After you've done the calibration, saved and soft reset your backlight should be working just fine***

4. If you are using a locking program, such as s2u2 upgrade to the newest version...I use s2u2 2.40. Regardless of the app your using keep it up to date. If you going stock, you just saved yourself a step
After doing all these things I haven't had a failure to wake/SOD in one month no matter how hard I try to get one.

5. Lastly now that you got it working.....DON'T drop your phone... ever!

However, if you do and your phone still works but the problem starts again, repeat steps 1 - 5 and cross your fingers.

After I jumped through all these hoops I haven't had a single problem with my backlight in 1 month. Believe me when I tell you I hated this phone, but thats changed So after jumping through all these hoops I hope that you fall back in love with your tp2 like I have this past month.

Peace

Last edited by blklexluthor; 04-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.