View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
champ052005
Regular 'Geeker

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
re-read again, im not specifically referring to sero customers, there are millions of people on other legacy plans like myself. its a fact there are more customers on older plans than there are on these newly introduced "everything" plan.

so are they losing money on those customers too? No, it's just a way to make more money off them by forcing them to upgrade to a "newer" plan.

anyway, im not really complaining here, just giving the OP some input..
I cant agree with you saying that there are more people on Sero plans than the everything plans. If you look at other Sprint user's phones, you will see that most of them will have phones that are on the everything plan. I see a ton of Heros, Pres, Moments. Not to mention that the new Blackberry Curve needs an everything plan. Basically all the new smart phones will require these plans.

It sucks that Sprint did this to us (I used to have a Sero plan but had to let it go to the everything plan) but at the same time, the plans are still cheaper than any other major carrier when you compare features.

I dont agree with Sprint or I should say the cell phone industry. They are charging ridiculous amounts of money for things that cost them a few dollars, if not nickels and dimes.

The main thing is that the FCC needs to start regulating the industry because it seems to me that prices will continue to rise unless the companies face some form of public or FCC pressure.

EDIT: Even when WP7 comes out, I guarantee you that the everything plans will be needed. Android will never be let on Sero. Especially the Evo, which is supposed to be Sprint's flagship phone for the summer.

Last edited by champ052005; 04-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.