ravewolf
Lurker

ravewolf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hard spl commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
I believe how she does it is via your IP. So if when you get that error, you follow the onscreen instructions to donate, it should allow you to run the unlocker immediately after you donate.

At least it did for me.
There is a catch 22 here as two methods are used to record what device used the unlocker: When you first unlock your phone, the phones IMEI is recorded in the database along with your IP address. Any further attempts from the same IP address or the same phone on another IP address will deny the flash, including on devices that have never been unlocked before. So once I had unlocked my phone my IMEI and IP was recorded. When my friend wanted his phone unlocked and gave it to me to do, the instant I connected the usb and ran the unlocker it tagged his phones IMEI with my IP and denied the unlock. If we would have originally done his unlock on his computer, then it would have worked perfectly.

One thing we did learn from this lesson though is if you try to unlock the phone once denied using the web form directly on the site, it will not work as it will not accept your full IMEI id number. You will have to try to unlock using the unlocker, be denied and then click on the link that pops up as this will automatically put the IMEI in the form.

This happened to a friend of mine and he had to pay regardless, which he was more than willing to do so. Besides, even though most got theirs for free, I would think that most donated to her cause. I know I did, best money ever spent.