View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Battery specs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
i understand that... but the Tp2 has a 1500mah and that phone is half as powerful/smaller.

sure i agree with the analogy that phone are getting more efficient internally, but if they can overkill with a 1ghz cpu they can overkill the battery..

again im not really complaining.. just wondering why they aren't bumping the battery.. i bet the EVo has the same talk time hours as the TP2.. CDMA uses more power than GSM... a TP2 with a 1500Mah battery on GSM would probably be 10hrs talk time..

with the Evo having hotspot/wifi/etc and all that technology, i don't see battery being all that impressive on this phone.
The snapdragon is actually more efficient then the MSM7xxx chips(TP2)...not to mention they did not include full imageon drivers which actually saves battery life by processing gfx efficiently.

As for battery they tried to make the phone as slim as possible..thats why only a 1500mah battery...

The problem in battery tech is that while they can easily increase the amount of mah a battery can hold, it is harder to have it last as long...If i remember correctly around 300-500 charges/discharges..thats why when you first get your phone it lasts the entire day and a few month later it lasts like an hour or 2 and its out of energy.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)