View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 05:13 AM
GnatGoSplat
PPCGeeks Regular

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I spent a little time Saturday afternoon making a custom ROM for Alltel, but it won't boot with the old SPL. I know it needs the newer SPL, but Olipro's 2.40 SPL won't install unless you connect with ActiveSync which is impossible when it won't boot! I tried installing Hard-SPL first over the original Alltel ROM, but then it won't flash... it has an "INVALID COMMAND" error at 1% any ROM I try.

I'm stumped. I hope you have better luck, ikon.

FWIW, I did flash the Sprint ROM onto my Alltel phone. I used the relocker which changed the SPL to Sprint. Then flashed to the Sprint GPS ROM. I had to update back to an Alltel PRL because it got changed to Sprint, and then I went into the EPST screen to change the HOME SID and a few NAM settings. I didn't write them down beforehand, so I just used the same settings as was in my 6700. After that, I verified it was connected to Alltel via 611 and tried running Google maps. It initially took about 5-minutes, but eventually it found 4 satellites and tracked my position. It varies from 3-5 satellites. The satellite map is fun and actually puts me inside my house. It seems rather accurate. I didn't have to take it outside or anything. I was surprised it works, because the phone isn't even active... I haven't gotten around to switching my account from my 6700 to the 6800 yet.

Last edited by GnatGoSplat; 01-27-2008 at 05:44 AM.