View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 AM
rddt
PPCGeeks Regular

rddt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On the Treo 700p you can use Blazer to switch from Mobile HTML view to Basic HTML view (and actually scroll around a normally rendered webpage). This is critical for example if you want to download attachments with Gmail or Hotmail via your web browser (attachment download is disabled in mobile HTML view! ).

I can't get this same Basic HTML view to work with PIE on the 700wx - am I missing something? I want to be able to download attachments from webmail and view pages as intended (when optimized view is not so optimized)
Is there a better web browser out there for the Treo 700wx that does Basic HTML? And one that I can get for free, so it can compete with Blazer?

I would also like Tabs, and want to be able to stream media like mp3's (when there is a link to download one) and internet radio streams from sites like somafm. If I can't do this on the wx I'm tempted to stick with my p.

BTW - One thing I noticed BTW is that PIE is up to twice as fast as Blazer according to dslreports.com/mspeed but too bad it's not as easy to use.
Anyone else experienced this speed difference?