View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
zone23
VIP Member
Threadstarter

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ZONE-ROM][21647][Sense 2.5.2012.1324][Sprint Only]

Question of the day (5/12/10) comes from yankees45us:

I'm probably missing where it explains it but can anyone tell me or direct me on to what the differences are between 21903,23568,23569 and 23547? I would appreciate it. I'm new to this rom. Thanks

The Answer:

The most noticeable differences come between the two builds being 219xx and 235xx. 219xx does not have a windows start key at the bottom of your screen. One requirement for all windows 6.5 builds mandated by Microsoft was that 6.5 devices must have a windows hardware key. This is why builds like 21903 don't have the windows key on the screen you are expected to use the hardware key. All 235xx builds have a on screen windows key.

Also builds 219xx do not have the ability to click and hold start menu shortcuts. Meaning you can't move start menu icons by dragging and dropping like you can in 235xx. In 219xx you can only move icons to the top or to the bottom. In 235xx you can click and drag any icon over top of any other icon and drop it to move it.

239xx is a 6.5 build
235xx is a 6.5.x build

As the number increase this is generally an indication of a newer build so 23568 would be older then say 23569. Since builds tend to come out every few days a build such as 23547 may only be a week or two old.

Question of the day comes from tt C6:

The "spool" thing is new to me. Can you please post instructions on how to modifiy them or a link to them?

Thanks again, Zone,

The Answer:

All of my ROMs include program called "PagePool_Changer.exe" just run this application. When you do a box appears with a bunch of circles and numbers. First press "Select" and load the ROM you want to change. Next were is says "Custom" change that number to anything you like. That number changes the phones "Page Pool". You can also select any "Whole Number" as well. NOW Select "Change to" and thats it you can close the box. You have now just change the size of the phones Page Pool or PP.

With that said it doesn't mean you should crank your PP to 64 its probably not going to do a lot and can cause "Out of Memory" errors and it uses RAM. Sometimes changing it to anywhere between 6-24 can have benefits. I set all my ROMs at 16.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 05-12-2010 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.