View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: no Iphone OS4 for 3G!!!

Well lets take a look at this: I "multi-task" on the iphone 3G using backgrounder and and a task manager and have never had performance issues. The 3G-S runs a 600mhz 256 mb ram processor, a few sources claim the Iphone 3G runs a 412mhz processor with 128mb ram.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10263738-1.html

Now my Diamond ran 528mhz with 192mb ram and it multitasked beautifully. I could run opera, uno, play music and download a ROM at the same time with very little lag. You're telling me that an Iphone with a much smoother linux based OS and slightly worse specs cannot multitask at all??

the extra 128 RAM andlittle under 200 mhz processor really make that much of a difference?

why the hell are you still selling this thing to people on a 2 year contract if it is not even upgradable to your new OS. It's just so unethical IMO to do that. are the reps telling people that they may be saving $100 getting a 3G instead of a 3GS but in 3 months they can't even utilize the new upgrade?

Of course I'm not even on ATT, but this really still bugs me.