View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 PRI 2.20_003

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp View Post
This is the PRI from the Sprint 6.5 update. Some people say that it may improve call quality. YMMV. There should be no ill effects from installing this to your device. You can check your pri version by going to settings, system,and selecting device information. If you have 1.40_003, upgrade, if you already have 2.20_003, you don't need to. If you applied the Sprint 6.5 update ROM you should already have it but you can check anyways.

How to:
1. Download and install attached cab.
2. Go to your windows folder and find ppst.exe.
3. Open the program and press ok to proceed with update.
4. Once update is completed press ok to restart your device.
5. Once device is restarted check device info to confirm update.
Done
You're missing important steps here. even if we dial ##778# (which you don't mention how to get to as well) and get into epst we need (or at least you need to tell people) how to get their MSID (MSL code) perhaps get an application such as the following to figure it out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

You're telling folks a lot of technical things where they'll get stuck doing them. I only know this because I've done all this. But for those who don't know, ALL of this is necessary as is the GETSPL application if they don't want to call sprint and have to deal with them.

Thanks for the upgrade information, but you need to include a lot more detail here.

Also, can you say what is included in this PRI update and why it's necessary?

I stand corrected, I tried your method, apparently this works without entering th MSL. Not sure what it does though. Would like more explanation.

Last edited by sanjsrik; 04-09-2010 at 03:25 PM.