Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
bakntyme
Regular 'Geeker

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
Well I have done all that and got to the bootloader screen......... I have never unlocked or anything......... It says serial at the bottom of the tri-color screen. I guess I will try that unsticker, didnt think it was so complicated or that was necessary unless you were flashing a new Rom

everything is stock on my device, 2.17 rom

I'm sure there's a simple step I'm missing at the end here

its really impossible to find by searching, because everytime someone recommends a 'hard reset' to cure a problem in a thread thats what comes up. I've read through... 500 or so posts already

When all else fails, RTFM:
Quote:
Hard Reset

You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings — the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.

To perform a hard reset:

1. Press and hold both softkeys on the device. Keep these keys pressed, and at the same time, use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the bottom of your device.

2. Release the stylus but keep the softkeys pressed when you see the following message on your device screen:
“Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?”

3. Slide open the hardware keyboard, and press R to restore to factory default or press X to exit the hard reset process.

Note:
Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and user data have been backed up before a hard reset is performed.