View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
gatorbri
Lurker

gatorbri is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with not receiving a lot of incoming calls

I have been having increasing problems with a high percentage of calls not ever coming through on my phone. I either just all of a sudden have a voicemail or I will see the person later in the day and they will tell me they tried calling multiple times. I can go back and check the call log and nothing is there.

I just recently began flashing ROMs and the problem has magnified big time. When I had the original Alltel ROM on it I had this issue maybe 5% of the time. Now it seems like it is probably over 50% of the time.

I've noticed in the task bar that it shows E a lot and sometimes shows 1X. Is it something to do with the phone switching back and forth between EVDO and 1X? I'm not very good with the technical stuff like this, so any help would be appreciated.

Oh, another thing, I've noticed that a lot of the times when I am having issues I can go to make a call and right before the call is actually initiated (between when I hit send and the rings begin) there will be either a little noise or a vibration of the phone. Could this be something to do with my phone not being in proper mode and then having to switch for the call to be completed? If so this would seem like it could cause incoming calls not to go through as maybe the phone doesn't switch modes to receive it since it doesn't know to do that like it does when I am trying to make a call from the phone. I don't know if that makes sense, but it seems logical to me.

Thanks for any help. This is really frustrating not getting so many calls, some of which may be important so I would love to figure this out.