View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
ChaosTheory
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Glossary, Terms, Definitions, Acronyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROG_LEG_SALAD View Post
is there anywhere that has a step by step walk thru on how to unlock and put a rom on the phone either by written or video
Check the forum for your specific phone. I have thought about posting links, but there are so many phones and many have multiple options, it would be quite an addition. Easiest way is to go to the main forum and click your phone model. Unlocking/flashing instructions are usually right at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyvepercenter View Post
When looking up things to help with the glitchy bluetooth on my HTC TP2 I come across a lot of them.
AVRCP
A2DP
PAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyvepercenter View Post
And just came across MSVC, all in relation to bluetooth issues
Updated with the new definitions for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM703 View Post
I too would like to know this...? More so where would be the best place to begin learning how to preform a ROM dump of my current stock ROM, how to customize (cook) the ROM and create a .RUU.

More important than that, how do you "unlock" the phone. As in how do you mess around with SPL, HSPL, SSPL?

Where does Radio come into the equation?

I may be using terms incorrectly however, i am a noob.

Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. I just started to get into Unlocking/ROM's with my Imagio and I would love to learn how to do this on my own, in return I would be able to help others in the future.
Best place to learn is by browsing the forums here and over at XDA-Devlopers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/). It is hard to put anything definitive on questions like that because it all varies based on phone model and carrier.

Radio is what the phone uses to receive a signal, some ROM's have updated radios built in, but most do not, as the radio is usually carrier specific, and by leaving the radio unchanged the ROM will work across many carriers. Most of the time if you are looking to upgrade your radio it is a separate upgrade, and again phone and carrier specific.

Hope this helps! Sorry it took so long, haven't had much free time.