View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Consigliere
PPCGeeks Regular

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Unique Backup question. (TP to TP2)

My Touch Pro has always ran very strangely. I'm afraid if I do a complete backup and load it on to a TP2 it will just migrate the problems one phone had to another. For instance the camera takes forever to load, and when it does there is nothing on the screen but you can still take pics. Like you gotta let it warm up for 20 mins to get the camera working properly lol. I have the contacts and texts under control, those can be backed up just fine with seperate backup files I have made. If my Sprite backup files though might cause some problems, I'd at least like to do a partial backup, so I don't carry over any problems, of just a few things that I MUST have backed up.

1) Google maps: Must retain all favorite places and previous searches.
2) Opera 9: Must retain all bookmarks and saved settings etc
3)Sprint Navigation: Must retain all previous "recent" addresses I have gotten directions for.
4) IE: Favorites
5)All settings for contacts: assigned photos, ringer settings and the "favorite people" tab on TF3D etc

I know for a fact when I backed up my TP after it had some repairs and was hard reset, the backup files made it run strange. The camera issue like previously stated, and whenever you plug the power cord in it thinks it's hooked up to a computer and prompts you for activesync or disk drive to be selected.

Basically I'd just be happy to transfer the things I listed, 1-5. The contacts and text messages as they stand shouldn't be a problem. I am switching out my phone later today sometime. As a precaution I've already made a few backups, different ways. I copied the actual folders for google maps, opera etc to my computer. Program files, application data etc.. I also made a couple backups of different variations with PIMbackup. And I also backed up everything with Sprite. I want to make another backup with Sprite too, just not sure what to exclude to ensure no problems are passed on. There are a lot of lil boxes to uncheck.

Hope someone can provide some input on this dilemma I am having. Thanks in advance!