View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:45 PM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where is "My Documents" folder located on Omnia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispahan View Post
I still have not figured out where My documents folder is located on my machine. when I check the folder tree, it shows it under "My Device" , what is this "My Device"? What memory does it use? Does it use "My storage memory" which is 16 gb, or the sotrage card memory? Or does it use the small main storage memory which is 500 mb. And, what is this main storage memory anyway? I had a message that it is filling up and I have to delete some items. When I check the only things I see there are all the programs I have installed on my omnia. I don't want to delete them, I need them. I don't think Omnia has such a small memory for programs. I think many people have much more applications on their machines. My applications show under program files, but they also show in this "main Storage memory".

I am confused with all these memories.
"My Device" is the topmost or "root" folder of the phone, ite refers to absolutely everything, it's like going to the "C:\" hard drive of you computer and opening it and seeing all the folders pop up. Within the My Device folder you should see a folder titled "Storage Card" anything that's in that folder is on your storage card, anything not in that folder is on your phone's main memory.
Your My Documents folder, where everything you create or download is usually saved, should be visible directly from My Device, and remember, you may have a second My Documents folder on the storage card. So you may have to make an effort to keep track of where you're storing stuff, just like on your computer.
Another note, if you're looking for files related to a related program, if that program was installed to the device it will be in "My Device\Program Files" if its on the storage card it will be in "My Device\Storage Card\Program Files"
as far as your low memory problem, you may have to uninstall the program and rerun the .cab to reinstall it, and the first thing it should ask is where you want it, unless like Carla said, if the program was written to install directly to the device, there's not really anything you can do about it, so I'd suggest finding which programs can go to the storage card, then put them there.