View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 PM
clifftrue
PPCGeeks Regular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android running on US Cellular data service **Solved for most***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter2479 View Post
I have a motorola droid and I have it active on us cellular and I'm trying this method to get my data back. When I go into gscript and run the batch file it says bad mode and then it's says it cannot create the files because it's read only and then busybox says permissions denied. i tried the terminal emula to change it to read/write but it says bad mode as well. Can someone shed some light on what I should do now? Thanks
I would download Android Terminal Emulator and EStrongs File Explorer from Market then try to manually run these steps...

Launch Android Terminal Emulator then enter in

su
chmod a+rw /init.etc/ppp/pap-secrets
chmod a+rw /init.etc/ppp/options.smd1

Now launch EStrongs File Explorer

Press the '/' button near the top left
Tap the 'init.etc' folder
Tap the 'ppp' folder
Tap the 'pap-secrets' file (if prompted select EStrongs Editor)
Enter in your MSID@uscc.net * MSID (You may need to call USCC to get this)
Press the physical Windows key and tap "Save"
Now tap the 'options.smd1' file
Move to the bottom then add user MSID@uscc.net
Press the physical Windows key and tap "Save"

This will allow you to see the errors that may occur. Since these files are in ROM on your phone, you may need to copy these files to an SD card, edit them, then copy them back over the originals. I have to do this when I am working in Windows Mobile files in ROM.

I also am attaching a revised script to try if you wish, just edit the number with your MSID and rename to .sh to run in GScript. Please post your results so other can learn from this.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt usccfix2.txt (307 Bytes, 28 views) Click for barcode!