View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
mlevin77
Regular 'Geeker

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (LIST!) Car decks that trig voice command

> Now I haven't been able to find in my travels a list of bluetooth enabled aftermarket car
> stereo decks that actually have the ability to trigger the voice command program in the
> phone, and then use the microphone from the car deck to pickup my voice for the
> command.

yes! this has been driving me nuts, especially since the radio manufacturers don't seem to know what this is, when you ask them about a specific model.

> Decks that CAN activate VC:

I know the Pioneer FH8000-BT can do it. I had it in my old car (now totaled) - it worked superbly. It won't fit into the new one

> Pioneer:
> DEH-P7100BT (checked online manual, probably settling on this one myself) - This deck
> seems to have the same functions as the 6100 but seems to make the process of
> activating VC MUCH easier - from the user manual I gathered that the function is now
> available "globally", IE, from the point of listening to any source, and is also available as > DEH-P710BT - (checked online manual) Premier version of 7100.

are you sure about this one? I'm looking at the manual and it talks about voice commands but it seems that these are commands *it* understands, as opposed to running Voicecommand on the phone itself and talking to the phone. Where in the manual did you find this? Are you any further along on this now - what did you end up getting and how do you like it? I have a Verizon HTC Imagio and I need a stereo that will talk to the voicecommand on the phone through the mic/speakers...

thanks!!

Mike