View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Nosey
Regular 'Geeker

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to change from alltel to verizon?

It's not a matter of having the right stuff on your phone to allow the switch, it's a matter of verizon allowing your phone on their system, they use to have a menu option under *228 that allowed you to do it, it was option 3, but that was blocked last year, right now, alltel is the only one that is allowing you to add your own phone, I have a sprint diamond, I put it on an alltel prepaid last year, just didn't use data, 2 months ago, I got a usb data modem through alltel, then I called up and added my diamond, they allowed it and since I own my diamond and not under a contract, my data plan instead of being $40 is only $10 (for the same plan)

so I'm paying $50 a month, $40 for 700 minutes (their least expensive plan) and $10 for the unlimited data plan, I don't use text messaging and I have a google number (which I use for my text messaging and have it forwarded to email and I respond via email), by setting up my google number as my 1 fav number all in and out calls are free, I do use some of my 700 minutes once and a while, but for the most part, I'm paying $50/month for unlimited minutes/data