Re: Unlocking & Flashing CyanogenMod ROM
At&t Sending MMS Fix
If you have At&t and are using CyanogenMod 5.0.5.x, you've probably noticed that you usually cannot send MMS messages. The issue is well documented in the XDA thread and in the Cyanogen forums, but the fix is a little more difficult.
First, you need to have the Android SDK ready to go from the previous post since you need to use ADB to push an apk file.
1) Turn on USB Debugging on your phone (Settings / Applications / Development).
2) Connect your phone to your computer.
3) Go into your Android SDK Tools folder, hold down Shift and right click in the folder and choose "Open Command Prompt Here". You should get a CMD window in your Tools folder. Type 'adb devices' and you should see your serial number listed. If not, there is something wrong.
4) Save the attached mms.apk in your Tools folder on your PC.
5) In the command window type 'adb remount' and press enter. Once the next command prompt comes up type 'adb push mms.apk /system/app' and press enter.
6) Eject your USB device in Windows, then unplug it from the computer. You can disable USB debugging now if you want.
You will probably have to reboot your phone for this to take effect.
What this does is takes an older version of the MMS files from CyanogenMOD 5.0.4.x, which will compress images that are too large to send. You lose some of the customizable messaging themes, but you can now send MMS, which is worth it IMO. As of this writing, CyanogenMOD is on 22.214.171.124, so later versions may have this fixed, so be sure to check the changelogs.