Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM
TMB_XV6700
Regular 'Geeker

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Im trying to figure out why the ext rom is not loading. After a hard reset.

Im running a rom from helmi's wm6 kitchen. Maybe he has it not load the ext rom by default.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Im trying to figure this out soon so that I can recook a new rom and not have to mess with my phone for at least a week...(right?...)
You're right. Auto-running of the extended rom is disabled by default in the kitchen, since all the useful carrier customizations from the ER are already cooked in by the kitchen. [It seems to me the only reason you would want to re-enable it would be if you were running some custom cab installs - but anything that could be done that way would be just-as-easily cooked into the rom using the OEMizer.] Keeping the extended rom out of the hard-reset process definitely has benefits with the kitchen - you no longer have to worry about whether to allow or interrupt the carrier customizations depending on which rom you are running.