View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
fmcgirt
Lurker

fmcgirt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Photo Management on VZ Omnia II

First Post and I did search so be gentle.

I haven't had a WM device in several years but I am familiar with the three level storage of the O2 and currently have my camera default storage set to My Storage. I am using a Mac and wish to keep an O2 library of about 500 photos arranged in descriptive folders for easy access with the MY Pictures app. I have been using the brute force method of USB mounting the O2 on Mac desktop and moving the photos from My Storage to the desired folder in Storage Card. All of this seems to work fine.

The problem is that when I go to view the photos with My Pictures I get every other image on the entire device also displayed - forecast icons, images from rss feeds, Bin folders, everything!!!! - while I only want to see my photos!!

So i have two questions: Can someone suggest a better scheme for storing my photos to prevent this yet have them arranged in a meaningful way in folders or is there perhaps a better photo viewing app that will allow me to select say a root folder that I could store all my photo subfolders in for viewing and ignore the "system" images?

I would appreciate any info or help - these system and junk images really take up space and time to load and are pretty useless for viewing.

Thanks again,

Frank