View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
mwalt2
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated Swype: HTCBlackBird-3.9.10.10.5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I installed it on OMJ's 6.5.5 v1.1 rom. In portrait: It works but the bottom wm soft buttons are covered up a little on the bottom. In landscape: the buttons are covered again and the kb does not fit the screen.

Anyone else using a 6.5.5 rom with this kb have the same issue?

Edit: Had to uninstall swype. It was causing a problem with the s2a where the s2a was falling below the screen. I was really starting to like it. Oh well.
The keyboard is a little low on 6.5.x ROMs since the softkeybar is larger. Swype will not cause the slide2answer to be below the screen. That is caused by using a wvga dialer on a vga device and depending on phcanvga.exe to move the in-call screen up so that the buttons are accessible on vga. Swype has no effect on phcanvga.exe running for me. Unless you're somehow running out of memory, I don't see how a SIP could affect an exe that runs on an incoming call and moves part of the dialer up.

Unfortunately, phcanvga.exe isn't perfect and it fails sometimes. I also think there may be different versions (all named the same), because I have one that re-positions leo phonecanvas fine and will not work for a rhodium phonecanvas. If you want a native vga dialer, you can try the tachi one as I think it will allow you to use the people shortcuts in sense. Hopefully an HTC Trophy ROM will leak and we can all have updated real VGA sense and a new VGA dialer .