View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 PM
eyepopper
Lurker

eyepopper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Verizon TP2 WM6.5 Cleanup Newbie Guide

Just recently got a Verizon TP2 world phone, compliments of work. I have been trolling the forums for information on how to improve the phone without flashing a Rom or doing an Hard unlock, etc...

Most of the posting is related to TP2 WM6.1 or 6.1 to 6.5 or Cooked ROMS.

The only things I have dared to install so far are entertainment programs:

Slacker radio
which just "officially" released a WM 6.5 version find it at xda forums...not sure how official this really is since the slacker site doesn't have anything posted regarding winmo. (it works though) XDA Forum post Slacker Radio

Facebook app you can download from the Windows Marketplace site, its a newer version from the cab file you can download right from Facebook. Not sure why that is.

Google Maps is great, go to Google to find it. You have to use IE on your phone to find cab. Don't use Opera.

Skyfire would be nice if it ever worked...would let you run flash sites

Opera Mini 5 beta is the best browser so far... runs fast almost as if you were on a Wifi connection with your 3G, go to http://m.opera.com on your phones browser.

CleanRam v2.10 freeware, this lets you clean up the ram without having to reset your phone.

TCPMP Player Finger Friendly, plays Mp4, avi, mkv videos. Works pretty good. found it here at xda

Endomondo this is a sports tracker. Keeps track of you speed, location, elevation and then lets you see it all for free on their website via a google map. Pretty cool for free. I got it thru the windows market place. I tried to get their website and have yet to receive a text from them with a link.

I would like to start a support group for...

Verizon CDMA WM 6.5 Newbie Guide TP2 World Phone who are not ready to Flash or do anything hard core, but want to improve memory usage one step at a time by doing simple registry edits or installing cabs that remove useless fat programs.

Post anything related to this particular Verizon setup. Keep in mind just want to get rid of the memory hogs and fat useless programs.

I will post things as I come across them from older posts...

How to do a hard reset when the phone is off. Press and hold in order: volume down, talk, and then end button this will bring you to the next screen. Just follow the instruction.

Disable SMS notification: updated cab for Verizon WM 6.5 TP2 , I installed and reset the phone, works fine so far. found it here page 102 ppcgeeks

Touch Pro2 Cleanup by GoodThings2Life
: after testing for about 48 hrs this seems to be working pretty good. There are several tweaks done all at once which do improve the the performance and reduce the memory usage. It is a work in progress and primary focus for his work has to do with sprint phones. Great cab so far... alarm is partially disabled for some reason, you pick a sound and it plays something totally different. I simply downloaded a free version of G-alarm.

Currently going thru a long list of favorite cabs at : Favorite Cabs thread

Last edited by eyepopper; 03-28-2010 at 02:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.