View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:31 AM
maxtcee
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hd2 reg edit tweaks

59. Use Zoom in Opera With One Hand
It is very difficult to pinch and zoom with one hand when using Opera so enable the zoom bar to be able to zoom one handed. Create the following entry:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Defaults
Change ZoomSliderEnabled from 0 to 1

60. Add an Eighth Row to Comm Manager for 3G
In tweak 49, if you install the 3G cab you will get a new 3G on/off button in the Comm Manger but it will overwrite the Microsoft Direct Push button. If you don't use that feature then no problem. However if you want to keep it and have 8 rows instead of 7 rows, perform this lengthy procedure in the registry:
Go to HKLM/Software/HTC/CommManager/4 Copy all 3 values you find in this folder. Next go back one folder to HKLM/Software/HTC/CommManager and create a new Key and name it 7. Open this folder (7) and paste the 3 values you copied from folder 4. Next go back one folder again and find the DWord value SupportedFunctions and change it form 7 to 8. Finally install the 3G cab at the end of tip 58 and reset. You now have all the original 7 entries plus an 8th one to show 3G. Also you can change the order in which the Wireless Controls are listed by renumbering the key folders.

61. Enable Finger Friendly Touch UI in RSS Hub
The rows in the Channel view are quite close together making it a little tricky to select a category. The following reg tweak spaces the channels out more making it more finger friendly.
HKCU/Software/Ilium Software/RSS Hub/EnableTouchableUI and change from 0 to 1.

62. Improve Camera Recording Quality of MPEG4-VGA Videos
The following tweak will increase the video quality from 2100avg bit-rate to 4500avg bit-rate.
Go to [HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\recparam\MP4VGA and replace the BitRate value with 4194304 (default value = 2097152)

63. Unlock Additional Video Recording Formats
Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\P2 and replace the EncodeFormat value with 2147483647
This will unlock all modes/resolutions listed below:
H263(3gp): CIF 352x288 \ M 176x144
MPEG4: L 320x240 \ CIF 352x288 \ VGA 640x480
3GPP2: S 128x96 \ M 176x144 \ L 320x240 \ CIF 352x288 \ VGA 640x480
MOTION JPEG: S 128x96 \ M 176x144 \ L 320x240 \ CIF 352x288 \ VGA 640x480
H264: L 320x240 \ CIF 352x288

64. Disable Unwanted Folders From Showing in HTC Album
Don't you find it annoying that HTC Album Shows lots of images you don't need to see when you select Albums like GPS poi icons? Now you can tell HTC Album to ignore certain folders.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/HTCAlbum/Ignored and add a NEW STRING VALUE
Eg if there is iGO8 in the root of the Storage Card you would create a NEW STRING VALUE with Value name iGO8 and Value Data \Storage Card\iGO8
This will include all subfolders inside the iGO8 folder. Save and reset.

65. Move Opera Cache Files to Storage Card
Open Opera and type "opera:config" in the address bar. You'll then be in the config page. Find the section "User Prefs".
In there you should find something called "Cache Directory4". Just change that path to any directory in your storage card
(for example : "\Storage Card\OperaCache"). Scroll to bottom of page and hit Save.

66. Enable Favorites and History in Streaming Media Menu
Enable History in Menu/Connect:
Change key HKLM\Software\HTC\StreamingDShow "ShowHistory" to 1
Enable Favorites in Menu:
Change key HKLM\Software\HTC\StreamingDShow "SupportFavorites to 1

67. Save Some Space in Phone Storage Memory
Use file explorer (Enable "show all system files") and delete the following or move them to storage card if you need them:

a. Folder: My Device\Music
Delete the sample song folders.

b. Folder: My Device\My documents\My Pictures
Delete all or move to storage.

c. Folder: My Device\My documents\My wallpapers
Delete all or move to Storage.

d. Folder: My Device\My documents\My wallpapers

e. Folder: My Device\Program files
Delete the folder "copilot" if you don't use it.

f. Folder: My Device\Windows\Animated Wallpaper
Delete all or move to Storage.

g. Folder: My Device\Windows\
Delete Opera 9.exe (rom version will replace it don't worry)

h. Folder: My Device\Windows\
Delete OperaL.exe (rom version will replace it don't worry)

i. Folder: My Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Delete which ever shortcut you don't need.

j. Folder: My Device\Windows\Rings
Delete the Ring tones you don't use or move them to storage.

68. Change Owner Name Info Without Modify Registry
To change the owner name you can also do this by going to the People Tab, then All People and then Me (my contact card).

69. Enable Built-In Compass in GPS Apps
This new driver will allow you to use your hardware compass in all software applications that use GPS such as sat nav software and google maps. This can be really helpful when navigating in unfamiliar locations. Click on the following link to read more. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=571266

70. Finally An Auto Data Disconnection That Works - Save Battery Life!
Download the following cab file http://www.commmgrpro.com/CommMgrPro...witch.V2.8.cab
You can set it to disconnect data after 60 seconds or more or less thus saving you battery. Read the thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=bandswitch
Tried and tested for over a 2 weeks on my HD2 and works perfectly. Use INSTEAD of Tip 33.

71. Add Currency Rates in Stocks Tab
For "Pound Sterling -> Euro" add the ticker "GBPEUR=X"
For "Pound Sterling -> Dollar" add the ticker "GBPUSD=X"

72. CoPilot Install/Activation/Map Download Guide
A useful guide for people having trouble getting their CoPilot install working properly:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=605562

73. Double Tap Space Bar for Period Entry
Just like the iPhone, if you double tap the space bar on the keyboard after a letter, you will enter a period (full stop) AND a space automatically.

74. Add All Contacts to Home Screen Left Softkey
By default the left softkey on the the Sense home tab is coded to Phone which is pointless and a waste because you can get to the same Phone page by pressing the Send hardware key. Change it to the All People page (eliminating 2 taps) by using the following reg entry:
HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila
HomeLSKPath = !"\Windows\manila.exe" --switchtopage Manila://people\browserlayer\?.page
HomeLSKText = Contacts

75. Disable Beeps When Altering Volume
When you press the volume key you getting annoying beeps. This tweak allows to change the volume silently without the beeps.
HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume\Mute Change from 3 to 1.

76. Improve Performance and Speed in Opera
Increase Scrolling speed while browsing by using this tweak:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Info\PanFps=50

Increase the speed of zooming in on a web page by using this tweak:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Info\ZoomFps=50

Increase the font cache for displaying text quicker by using this tweak:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Info\fontcachesize change from 32 to 64

Make the following reg tweaks to allocate more memory to Opera for complete page loading in multiple tabs. Finally
HKLM\Software\Opera\MemoryLimits:
AllocLimit change data to 70254592
HeapLimit change data to73400320
memory_heap_threshold_size change data to 131072
mmap_reserve_size change data to 20971520
sbrk_reserve_size change data to 49283072

77. Get Four Appointments Showing on Home Tab Instead of Just One
Finally what we have all been waiting for: to show more than 1 calendar entry on the home tab. Click on link below to download the cab. Note: Uninstall the cab from Tip.22 as the cab in the thread below has the 16/20/25 quick links combined with the appointment hack.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

78. Decrease Text Size in YouTube App to See Longer Video Titles
Doesn't it bug you that some video titles show eg: "The Simpsons Part......" when longer titles get truncated? Now you can have a smaller font to show more words in text.
Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\YouTube\TextScale and change it from 100 to 50. If 50 is too small for you try a higher number, say... 65.

79. Sort HTC YouTube Searches by Most Recent Uploads First
When you search in the HTC Youtube App, results are listed to relavancy. Use the below tweak to return results based on newest upload first.
HKLM\Software\HTC\YouTube\SearchSort\ change to 1.

80. Open PDFs in Adobe Reader So They Automatically Fit to Page
By default, when you open up a pdf in Adobe Reader, they are automatically opened at 75% zoomed in so you have to pinch to zoom out to see it fully. Now you can have it automatically display at 'fit pdf width to screen width' to see the entire first page.
HKCU\Software\Adobe\AdobeReaderLE.25\InitialZoomTy pe change to 1.

81. Change Haptic Feedback in HTC Calculator
Turn off haptic feedback by using this tweak: HKLM/Software/HTC/Calculator/Vibrate change to 0
Change the strength of Haptic Feedback by going here: HKLM/Software/HTC/Calculator/VibrateLevel change to 0 for no feedback or 6 for high level of feedback. You can choose between 0 to 6.

82. Make Common Apps Open Instantly With No Delay
The most often used apps on the HD2 would be SMS and Email. As the HD2 has plenty of memory and it is very hard to fill it up during use, why not add these two apps to the task manager exception list. This means they will never truely exit and will always be open in the background. The benefit of this is that HTC Messaging does not automatically refresh and redraw the contact thumbnails when you load the app. Instant opening of both apps with no load time. You can add any other app to this list too if you never want it to exit.
Just use this tweak. HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManagerExclusiveList\System and add a new DWORD Value of Messaging_Client.exe and tmail.exe

83. Enable Landscape View for YouTube and Streaming Media Apps
The benefit for enabling landscape view for Youtube is you can see truncated video titles in full length. Just make the following reg tweaks to enable both apps:
HKLM\Software\HTC\YouTube\EnableRotate change to 1
HKLM\Software\HTC\StreamingDShow\EnableRotateScree n change to 1
Then add Youtube and Streaming Media apps to the gsensor whitelist registry using BsBTweaks. You shake your phone and BSB adds the active app to the registry. You must reset to see changes.

84. Increase Start Menu Columns from Default 3 to 4 or 5 Columns
You can see more icons in your Start Menu and therfore have less scrolling by installing the relevant cab file from the
following thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589380

85. Increase the Number of Allowed Recipients in Group SMS
The max number of defualt contacts to send a group SMS is 10. You can change it to 50 by using this tweak:
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MaxRecipients
Change from 10 to 50

86. Change Google Search Language and Country of Origin in Internet Tab
Some users experience a German version of Google Search when using the search feature direct from the Internet tab. Now you can modify it to your country.
Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\ and create a new String Value.
Name = Internet.SearchUrl
String = google.co.uk/pda/search?hl=en-GB&output=html&q=%s (without "http://www.")
You can put any search engine here. "Pda" is included in the above String to optimize it for your phone. If you want the html search version view then just delete the "pda/" part. Also instead of "en-GB" you can put your own country code such as "en-US", "it", "fr", "de" etc to change the language of the Google Search interface. You can also change the ".co.uk" to your own Google page for your country by using ".it" or ".fr" or ".com" or ".de" etc.

87. Change Text in Google Search Field in Internet Tab
You can edit what it says in the search box on the internet tab (default is "Google Search").
Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\ and create a new String Value.
Name = Internet.SearchTitle
Value = Tap here to search Google (or any other wording you like).

88. Speed Up Music Album Loading on Reboot
After a reboot and you scroll to Music Tab, you have to wait quite a while for all the music files to be loaded. Now you can speed this up by making it load as soon as the phone starts and before reaching the tab. Go to your Windows folder and find the file "AudioManager_Eng.exe" Create a shortcut (.lnk file) of this file and put it in your Windows\StartUp folder.

89. Organise All Your Icons into Category Folders in Start Menu
Using a File Explorer, add new folders to your 'Windows\Start Menu\Programs' folder. Name them like: Web, Travel, Utilities, System, Audio, Video, Imaging, Fun etc. Move the relevant shortcuts from you 'Start Menu\Programs' folder to your category folders. You will need to use a 3rd party file explorer to unhide system files and rom files to see the pre-installed icons to move them to your folders. These icons/shortcuts are '.lnk' files. Remember each time you install or remove an app, you have to either move the new 'lnk' icon to your category folder or delete it.

90. Set a Music File as a Ringtone
Using File Explorer, you can tap and hold on an mp3 file and choose "Set As Ringtone".

91. Faster Keyboard Responsivness when Typing
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd
Change InitialDelay from 375 to 100

Latest Update 4th March: Added entries 83 - 91. Updated link in tweak 69 and tweak 22. Updated intro.

*Updated 7th February: Added entries 81 - 82.
*Updated 4th February: Added entries 79 - 80.
*Updated 2nd February: Added entries 75 - 78
*Updated 14th January: Added entries 73 - 74
*Updated 7th January: Added entries 65 - 72
*Updated 20th December: Added entries 61 - 64
*Updated 16th December: Added entries 56 - 60.
*Updated 11th December: Added entries 53 - 55. Also updated entry 13 to include NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm cab download link.
*Updated 8th December: Added entries 49 - 52.
*Updated 6th December: Added entries 47 - 48.
*Updated 5th December: Added entries 41 - 46. Also updated entry 29 with new link to download keyboard sensitivity cab.
*Updated 21st November: Added entries 38 - 40. Added cab link to improve keyboard sensitivity to entry 29. Added link to entry 33 for true auto data disconnect for ALL auto downloading.
*Updated 18th November: Added entries 36 and 37.
*Updated 17th November: Added entries 30 - 35. Also added cab link for Enable LED Notification (entry 24).
*Updated 16th November: Added entries 28 - 29. Also added cab link for Disable Auto Screen lock (entry 27). Updated entry 13.

Last edited by maxtcee; 03-27-2010 at 08:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.