Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
xmind2006
Regular 'Geeker

xmind2006 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Uh - you buy a $300 phone but you're not wealthy... ok.
I don't know how some one can think that just because the 6700 is seen as an "expensive" device, that it means the owners are "wealthy"; matter-of-fact if it's an expensive phone, then why would a lot of people have money left over for other things? It'd seem more logical that someone who has a cheap phone could afford the "extras".

Myself for example couldn't justify spending that kind of money for the past couple of years for this type of device; I had to save a little just to get it, let alone any programs, memory cards, and other accessories. There are a handful of programs that I would like to have, but can't afford to drop another couple hundred for all those programs I'd like. I'd also really, really like to have an unlimited data plan, but again, can't squeeze another $40 a month payment over my already $80/month family share plan.

Owning a nice piece of electronics doesn't mean owning a Farrari as well. They do not have a direct correlation.

Now, I wouldn't ever do this ESN changing because if I can't justify a $40/month feature, then I sure the h*ll can't justify paying for the possible consequences of being caught for this.

Sorry to sound a little hostile, but I have read many posts with someone providing the same type of comment (not necessarily here) when some asks for an alternative to a commercial item. Thought I'd finally say something in regards to those comments.

<End Rant>