View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Android versus WinMo - a personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Microsoft has become very well ingrained into the business world. There are solutions to Android's missing functionality like you mentioned, such as the ability to view office docs from the device. With Microsoft products having a rather large presence in the world, I think it should be expected that in today's smart phone world, there is compatibility with these products.
I do not disagree Microsoft's presence, mostly in the business world but the use of Exchange makes me sad. Syncing is part of making all technology work together and those need to have standards and be open source for it to have competition and variety.

Also viewing is free but editing costs $$$..but that aside from the microsoft is not the only one setting standards for documents..many formats exist including PDF, ODF and etc which are commonly used.

There is compatibility with use of 3rd party apps but in general I believe people should migrate off solutions that do not allow flexibility. If Microsoft wants to sell exchange they should open up activesync. But Microsoft tries to get both which is bad for consumers and businesses.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)