View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Android versus WinMo - a personal experience

Most of the things you mentioned seem to be just things you are not used to on the Android platform or things you can get to install with some effort.

Rar = Androzip = can extract RAR

Office = There are a few office suites...most are paid like androffice and etc..Thinkfree has a free one for viewing files and you pay if you wana edit or do calc..documents to go is also free for viewing only

Exchange = I hope there is never activesync for Android...Activesync is the worst piece of application in existence...I personally prefer SyncML. Activesync is proporitory to microsoft which pretty much makes ppl stick to microsoft..things like this should be open source and follow "Standards" this allows you to choose products based on their quality and not be locked down to microsoft..try Funambol for example

Tasks = there are some patches to make them integrate by default..as for outlook..again your mentioning microsoft products...why not use thunderbird or zimbra desktop or etc?

Voice Recognition = I do not know much about that so can't help there

Logmein = Ok so blaim them not android and I am sure there are alternatives..they are developing an android soon too

Skyfire = I don't see why people like this browser at all but ok..

Groovefish/NanoGroove= there are alternatives...

Now I am not saying Android is 100% up to par with everything winmo was but you gotta give other things a chance..if your ideology is Android won't be good until its 100% microsoft software compatible then maybe your looking at things a bit different

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 03-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.