View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 AM
DiamondsAreForever
PPCGeeks Regular

DiamondsAreForever is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
500mhz (stock clock speed)= slow - 800 mhz= fast

I've noticed that this site doesn't have much in the way of WebOS news, so I figure I'll start posting finds, tips and the like here in hopes of keeping the webos side of this forum alive. So... For those of you who don't know, the pre's stock clock speed is 500 mhz, which is upclocked to 600 during 3d game play. The armV7 chipset is rated at 600 mhz. Unfortunately for you pixi owners, you have the armV6, which cannot handle these speeds. Why am I telling you this? Because 500 mhz is somewhat slow, but 2 individuals have been hard at work creating a custom kernal to overclock the speeds to 800 mhz or 720 respectively. It is in the form of a patch that will be available tomorrow or possibly right now ( it isn't as of the last time I checked). So do some googling and check it out. I'm not about to flame ppcgeeks to get everyone to that site, because I love ppcgeeks so you'll have to find it yourself. Btw... IT's FREAKING FAST!!!