Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
drew826
N00b

drew826 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep.. and to an apache owner, that's FANTASTIC life Heck, even with moderate talk time (60 minutes) you'll likely be in decent shape at the end of the day battery wise. I think its really relative to what you expect. Having the battery sucking monster that is the 6700 for a year, the mogul is really very good.
Absolutely; the batter life on my Titan is MUCH better than it was on my Apache. I'm just thrilled I don't have to plug the damn thing in every night!

Battery life all seems to be about perspective. I imagine there are many people fairly new to the pocketpc scene who have been using regular cell phones for years, and they're used to getting a week or so of battery life from their cell phone, even with moderate browsing, text messaging, talking, and the like. I've been using pocketpc devices for years, well before they had phone capabilities. I expect my Windows Mobile device to only last about day if I'm really using it, because that's what it's been like with them for years. I used to have to charge my iPAQs up pretty much every night...and if you let the thing totally die, oh you were screwed. The base rom was stored in nonvolatile storage, but everything personal (programs, contacts, anything that didn't come with the phone) was stored in cheaper RAM, and it all cleared when the battery died. Every day, I'm amazed at the functionality and performance of this Titan. It's by far the most incredible Windows Mobile device I've ever owned. Now if I only I could get linux working on here...