View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
miketab
Regular 'Geeker

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I use tp2 in Isreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
Yes I just spoke to Sprint.
Options are pay them $2.49 per minute
or $4.99 for the month of international calls and it drops to $1.99 per minute
Data:
$40 for their world wide data plan (unlimited data)
they WILL Prorate these plans.
Lastly because I have unlimited SMS on my lines (everything data 1500) they said sms to and from is included Free.
Really not bad.

I am thinking unlimited data plan plus Skype unlimited calls to USA $3.99.
so about $25 for 2 weeks.
your info is not all true there are some holes, sms would be free but it will not go through, so no sms in israel on sprint.

also since israel is a cdma country phone calls 1.99 with plan and data is also cheaper about $2 a Mb. this is only if you stick to the regular cdma netwrok and not use your sprint sim card. also note on cdma you will only get 1X and not evdo and using sprint gsm you will only get gprs, so the skype thing may not work properly.

Voice Pricing: $2.49/minute
Special Voice Pricing: $1.99/min. with plan
Data Pricing: $0.016/KB
Special Data Pricing: 1x/Ev Data: $0.002/KB

special is refering to cdma netwrok which is all over israel.

so if you not using too much data or have a free data on your line or cheap data, it may not be worth messing with it for unlimited data, if your using little data or less than 10 mb for two weeks.

now if your getting a local sim card you may be better off.

i personally use a prepaid local 3g sim card from orange which is about $40 or so (including the cost of the sim card0 and gives me about 80 minutes of local and 100mb of free data for the first month, with 3G coverage(UTMS). You get a local number that is yours forever. to buy more minutes you can do so from the phone with * or # number. really simple and easy to use. there are also other deals out there, this is the one i used.

it also comes out that any sprint phone can roam in israel not just the international ones with sim cards. the same would apply with verizon.

Last edited by miketab; 03-24-2010 at 02:47 PM.