View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I use tp2 in Isreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Suggest you call also the stock Sprint International people. You can can get roaming with data for about $2.50 a day and then use mobile Skype... search on this. They have to send you a SIM card, but that is free. You can use voice in emergencies at their retail price. There is no cost for missed calls- then call-back via Skype... numbers show up.
That's an interesting idea.
But something worth noting is that I'm fairly certain all GSM carriers in Israel offer free incoming calls. If you purchase a prepaid SIM, you could talk all you want as long as people are calling YOU. If you want to call back, it might cost less than 2.50 a day. But- you wouldn't have data this way. Prepaid data is pretty pricey. Thankfully, most of Jerusalem has free WiFi (Ben Yehuda, even parts of the old city).
I went to visit for a week last year, and found myself able to get and respond to email over WiFi (just make sure to keep GSM data off) in most public places, and the rest of the time people could call me (or I could SMS someone to call me back- sms is cheap per message as well).

But enough about *HOW* to use it there, the OP's question was if it will work. Yes, it will. Nothing further is required.
This post has been thanked 2 times.